الخميس، 24 أكتوبر 2013

I am Becoming....

I feel bloated; I am becoming fat and grey…I look down at my heavy feet and find no toes. Instead,  I see four huge poles with thick curvy hard skin folds and realize I am becoming an elephant, huge and tall. My tummy is fat and I feel hungry and thirsty. I try to find something to eat; I look around and spot a grassy area with lush trees and the promise of a river or a stream and I heavily move towards it.  I am followed by four younger elephants who lovingly cluster around me. They shout and play as we go and their movements arises a huge cloud of dust.  The youngest Dumbo tips over a stone as it follows its brothers and sisters and tumbles and falls down. I raise my voice to yell at the other elephants to take care of the younger elephant and I come up with a big deafening sound that is not my voice.  I raise my hands to press my ears and I realize all I have is a long, round elastic trunk that serves as a nose too. My ears respond to the sudden urge to be covered. Miraculously, they grow bigger and wider; they feel like huge rubber plates dangling around my head and the noise does not bother me anymore.  The young elephants playfully move around me; they race to the stream; the sounds of their stamping feet and their happy cries make me happy.  We reach our destination and they start to munch on tall green grass. I precede to the stream to drink and I can see my huge head and tender eyes with tall eyelashes.  I throw my trunk into the water and drink till I am full. I fill it with water and explore the possibility of spraying water all around. Soon my kids join and we are all wet and happy. I love my new self and adore my lovely kids;  I wake up to find the Bollywood movie  still playing and my four kids laughing their hearts out as  the movie  we were watching comes to an end, just like my dream.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق