السبت، 23 يونيو 2012

A Magical Morning!


I am going through a magical day!! I am sure you have once experienced one of those mornings when everything seems to go right, haven't you? Well, in my morning everything does not only seem to go perfect, it is really going magical and I will keep thanking Allah for it all day.
I woke up after a good night's sleep, rested and fresh and above all, pain-free. I do not really remember the last time I woke up without pain, without having to drag myself out of bed and keep reminding myself that I have to wake up and go about the daily routines, to remind myself that with the help of pain killers and medications I can still function and be of help to myself and others. Anyway, it is not a time to dwell on pain and negative feelings; this is a magical morning and I will make every bit of it go as so.
First thing in the morning, while still in bed I remembered last night's dream in which I was talking to Abdalla in our living room. My morning conversations with Abdalla, in reality, do make my days every day. There is that sense of unconditional love and acceptance and encouragement on his part that makes me feel life is worth living, that pain does not really matter as long as I can still be with him. If you are reading my blog regularly, you probably know by now that Abdalla is my son, basketball champion, engineer and M.A student; he is my hero, my biggest accomplishment in life; my pride and joy.
Dreaming about Abdalla is not the only thing that made my morning magical... Two more people contributed to the magic, two lovely young ladies: Nora my sweet daughter, and Heba Waddah, my colleague and young friend. In her most sweet and insisting manner. Nora had been insisting that I "must" read her favorite book The Magic by Rhonda Byrne; convincing me that it will change my attitude to life and help me get rid of all the physical pains and aches. To be honest, I did not believe her, I even mocked her: what does she know about pain any way? How can a book alleviate my pain when doctors, medications and alternative therapy failed to do so for years!
Maybe it wasn't the book that helped me; it was Nora's attitude, her sincere desire to help me; her faith that things can be better every day and that life has lovely things to give for those who insist to have them.

The book however helped me appreciate the things I took for granted every day and never thanked Allah for. Things as simple as having running water to shower in the morning, or a kettle to boil water for tea, or a cozy chair to sit into and relax; these goodies never crossed my mind as worth gratitude, despite the fact that without them my life can be pretty harder.
As I started the lap top to check my mail, I got notified by Facebook about Heba Waddah sharing a lovely picture on my page. It is nice to be remembered by friends, let alone being praised by them! A few minutes later, I stumbled into a dear friend that I have not seen for a long time, and added her to my list of friends.
I opened the door to get the newspaper only to find another magical present! If you remember my earlier blog "The battle of the Swan Lake", it was there in front of me on the news paper, printed in Al Watan with a beautiful picture of swans! What a Magical morning! When I posted the Battle of the Swan's lake in the blog years ago, it was the most popular of all the posts to date, and I had many comments about it. Seeing my words in print, however, felt more magical, more real, more accessible to wider readers who do not have the privilege of surfing the net and coming accidentally across my blog.

To top all the lovely incidents of my morning with a cherry, OM Sherief showed up earlier than usual bringing with her a breakfast that I really craved for a long time but did not dare to eat: foul soaked in (El Zait El Har), fried eggplants and oven-hot (Balady) Bread. I made green salad to go with this "explosive"
breakfast and we shared a yummy meal and strong tea.
Energized by a big Egyptian breakfast, I felt the urge to rest and talk to someone over the phone. I called two of my best friends, Nihal, who arrived from Tunis last night and Reem who left Saudi Arabia after 12 years of working there. How sweet it is to be surrounded by my loved ones.
Then, I made the brave decision to sit down and write this post; after all, one should always practice what she preaches in her writing workshop: write every day. With my energy in full bloom and my spirits soaring to the sky, I write this piece and I hope you will notice the difference.
Is there any better "magical" ways to start the day than chronicling a moment of being touched by magic? Please share your magical moments... we all need them.

هناك تعليق واحد: