الأربعاء، 6 يونيو 2012

Waffle Makers and Friends

Waffle Makers and Friends

I never knew my kids were so popular at school or in clubs until my dear husband surprised me with a waffle machine.  Mohamed is really fond of electronics, gadgets and recently he got interested in kitchen appliances though he never cooked a meal or got near the kitchen. So, he buys whatever items he likes even if we do not really need them and sometimes we have to read the manuals to figure out what they are used for. 
The waffle machine, however, was the best of all my husband's surprises because Ali is the master of waffle eating outside and he later became a professional waffle maker at home.  He got me many recipes from the internet, played many flashes of waffle making on you tube and we started experimenting with the new machine until we came up with a heavenly mixture.  The results were AMAZING WAFFLES, no kidding, soft and fluffy and yummy and more important than anything else, CHEAP. The only thing that bothered me was the huge amounts of Neutella and chocolate syrup the kids drowned the waffles with, because these were not good for their health or my budget.
 The waffle machine changed my life and revolutionized the way I made breakfast every morning.   For the first month or so after we got it,   the kids will only have waffles for breakfast so I started to make big amounts of the dough and keep it refrigerated so I don’t have to start from scratch every morning.
News do really fly fast among teenagers and their cyber world.  One morning they had photos of their waffles sent to their friends and the very next morning I started having early guests for breakfast!  I woke up every morning to make a dozen of waffles instead of four or three and every week I would shop for more chocolate syrup and Neuttella than you can ever imagine.   We also tried new flavor like strawberry or caramel sauces.  It was then I started to hate the waffle maker and secretly wish it to vanish from my life.
One evening I got a call from Abdalla asking if we have waffle dough because he has a friend with him. Actually I did not have any but I enlisted the help of chief Ali and we started with our daily routine and made a huge bowl of dough to survive for two or three days.  It turned out that Abdalla's friend is not just one person BUT a whole bunch of huge hungry guys who just finished training and came straight from the club.  Such huge players with big appetites, Masha Allah will not be satisfied with less than a dozen waffles EACH. 
There were no dough left for next morning and the kids had to settle with cheese and eggs ever after for breakfast because the waffle machine did not survive the raid we had the night before.
What an evil mother I am !  I actually felt happy that day and woke up next morning to a house empty of morning guests.   I felt relieved and liberated;  I  did not have a waffle maker anymore and the kids stopped passing by.
 But again my husband, just like my kids, never fails to surprise me; he got me a new waffle maker and it is still working.  We make the best waffles in town and I am proud of it.
Don't be shy;  I will be more than happy to serve you ALL waffles if you keep reading and commenting on the blog.  Really; you are all welcome !   

هناك 5 تعليقات: